Guelph Food Bank
To date, our annual Holiday Showcase and Guelph Food Bank Fundraiser has generated nearly $15,000 and over 2,000 kg of non-perishable food items, representing approximately 50,000 meals for needy families in the Guelph area.
In 2020, our JamSchool families donated $4,145, providing 12,425 meals for people in need in our community. Read more about our 2020 Fundraiser.
Read more about the Guelph Food Bank on Facebook.
Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington
Here’s how the program makes a difference in our community:
- Provides financial support for the activity of the child’s choice.
- Encourages children to try new experiences and become active.
- Allows children to continue in the activities they love even when times are tough for their family.
- Helps kids to learn valuable life and social skills, develop friendships and engage in their community.
- Partners with local organizations and companies who want to help the children within the community.
- 1,384 children were funded to participate in 2,215 activities;
- 279 music, drama, art activities were funded;
- 508 camp outings were enjoyed;
- The most popular activities are camps, swimming, soccer, gymnastics, and dance;
- The average household income of applicants was $18,125.
To learn more about this program, visit https://www.childrensfoundation.org/what-we-do/free-to-grow