Guelph Food Bank
To date, our annual Holiday Showcase and Guelph Food Bank Fundraiser has generated $19,500 and over 2,000 kg of non-perishable food items, representing approximately 65,000 meals for needy families in the Guelph area.
In 2021, our JamSchool families donated $4,500, providing meals for people in need in our community.
Read more about the Guelph Food Bank on Facebook.
Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington
Here’s how the program makes a difference in our community:
- Provides financial support for the activity of the child’s choice.
- Encourages children to try new experiences and become active.
- Allows children to continue in the activities they love even when times are tough for their family.
- Helps kids to learn valuable life and social skills, develop friendships and engage in their community.
- Partners with local organizations and companies who want to help the children within the community.
- 1,384 children were funded to participate in 2,215 activities;
- 279 music, drama, art activities were funded;
- 508 camp outings were enjoyed;
- The most popular activities are camps, swimming, soccer, gymnastics, and dance;
- The average household income of applicants was $18,125.
To learn more about this program, visit https://www.childrensfoundation.org/what-we-do/free-to-grow